Specifically, the MUNICIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE shall:
1. Operationalize personnel mechanism on recruitment, selection and promotion programs;
2. Formulate relevant policies and programs on Personnel action and benefits;
3. Computerize Personnel Records and Data Bank on Personnel cases/reports;
4. Identify training needs and to formulate Career Development Programs for the municipal employee; and
5. Effectively implement management policies and guidelines.
The MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT HEAD I (MUNICIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER), shall take charge of the MUNICIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE and perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Take charge in the administration of official personnel action of all municipal officials and employees, such as leaves, promotions, retirements, change of status, performance appraisal ratings and other related personnel matters;
Advise the municipal officials on personnel policy, functions, practices, rules and regulations and problems;
Determine the qualifications standards of all positions, salary grade and salary allocations that are in accordance with those prescribed by the Civil Service Commission, Department of Budget and Management and other agencies of the government concerned;
Recommend to the Mayor the conduct of training and seminars for the upgrading of personnel skills and performances;
Supervise all personnel and responsible for the updating of personnel records and safekeeping of 201 files of all officials and employees;
Assists in staff training and development; and
Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.